Friday, March 20, 2009

Beginnings

So I have been wanting to do this for a while now and I finally sat down and forced my self to do this. I am one of those guys who tends naturally to keep to myself but almost always has random thoughts popping in and out of my head. Which brings me to why I chose this title...

I chose the title of my blog really from the combination of two sources. First my mind can tend to wander from one random place to the next and the idea of capturing some of them and getting those out "there" seemed worth while.

A vagabond (according to dictionary.com) means wandering from place to place without any settled home; nomadic. Ragamuffin comes from a book by Brennan Manning and basically describes those who are poor, blind, lame, prostitutes, persecuted, downtrodden, held captive, the least, the last and the lost... and yet find that they are furiously loved by God. I kind of feel that sometimes physically but certainly spiritually we have all been there. Hence a vagabond ragamuffin is one who sometimes wanders but is always caught by the crazy love of God.

So I thought I might take some time to actually type out some of those meandering thoughts. Perhaps to leave a marker for any who may come behind me. Even though I wander, meandering through an imperfect concept of God, his love and how I can wrap my life around that, if and when I fall, it will be into his arms and his crazy love for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment