Thursday, October 13, 2011

NEXT

Since April, much of my writing has been devoted to India, the people, the culture, the history, the religion, and how all these facets fit together and affect everyday life for the people, even how it affected me while there this summer. For the next few months I am going to spend some time writing and reflecting on those same topics but from an American perspective, Boston in particular. The are certainly some things that are unique to India but there is at least one common thread between the two... people.

I am structuring a class around the impact of modern media on the social consciousness of Americans in general but the people of Boston in particular. I mention this to ask for a favor of you who read my "Meandering Thoughts". I would really like some feedback from you over the next few months, until the end of December, the good the bad and the ugly. If you agree with what I am writing tell me; if you disagree, tell me. If you think I am being a narrow minded, self centered, egotistical, ethnocentric, piously tunnel visioned, whatever... tell me.

My hope is that in the coming months, my reflections and musings on culture, religion, the arts, and personal devotion to a life cause will strike a cord with you somewhere deep in your soul. Besides, the more people I can get "talking" about the things I am thinking about, the better it will look to my supervising professor.
I need to be thought provoking and personally challenging so I will keep the posts short and to the point. I  am looking to touch on the experiences of life that are most common and perhaps bring some refreshing perspective. We shall see.

Ultimately I am looking for the intersection of everyday life, art (in various forms), and the deepest longings of the soul. How does one express the other, where do they overlap and how do we become more complete and globally compassionate people as result. That may be a bit lofty but you have to start somewhere.

Thanks for coming along for the ride...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment