Monday, July 25, 2011

CARDS

So, I totally randomly received two cards today. I know... I am in the middle of Northern India and I somehow get two cards on the same day!

The first was a Birthday card from none other than my mother. Leave to her... The postage stamp said July 13th, and today is the twenty fifth. Normally it takes seven to ten days, I guess they must have taken a Tuesday off here or there too for it to have taken 12days.

The other card was from a teenage boy I met who was here as part of a group from a church in Indiana. I had never met this kid before, I am not sure that I ever will again (you never really know though) and he writes some of the most thoughtful words I have heard in a long time.
Here is a little of what he wrote to me:

"Thanks for being such an encouragement to me this week. You added a lot of great memories to this trip. I was inspired by your passion for God and your knowledge of the Bible and of India. You also had many great stories..."

Well, Evan, I would like to say thank you for your thank you. I was not expecting something from you or anyone in the group but your kind gesture meant a lot to me. It was not sought or asked for but you freely gave of your time to write me that thoughtful card. Thanks bro. Hope your time in Thailand is fruitful and you continue to grow in to the amazing young man that I can see you are already becoming.

Evan if you are reading this I have just one question... Is there Internet???

No comments:

Post a Comment