Monday, November 5, 2018

Kathmandu

Kathmandu is the capital city of the Nation of Nepal. It is in a valley so it is not what you might think of when you think of Nepal. You cannot see snow capped mountains, there are no Alpine Vistas. This time of year it gets pretty warm too. Temps felt like they have been in the 80's during the day. 

A view from the roof of my hotel in Kathmandu at sunset.

In the picture to the right you can see mountains in the background behind which the sun is setting. Those mountains are really just the foot hills of the great Himalayan range. I really wish that the haze in the picture was fog but it is the pollution that hangs in the air here.

My first night in country was pretty restless because even though we were in a major city, the sound of street dogs made it sound like I was in the middle of the woods surrounded my coyotes. 


The picture to the left is the sunrise from the roof of my hotel. Note the same haze

Since sleep was not to be found I wandered to the roof top for a little personal time of reflection and prayer. I think about the people I will be meeting and trying to communicate with. I think about how many have not heard anything like the message that is deep in my heart and soul. I think about how many would listen even if I told them it was the best news they had ever heard.

I am sure I will sleep eventually, for now I will enjoy a few sunrises and sunsets from the roof tops of whatever building I am able to get to...

Just a Meandering Thought...

1 comment:

  1. The pollution as you said is like that in India. It hangs thick and obscures the view of your surrounds. I was told that the rate of lung disease is high in India. I assume that is also true in Nepal. It is cool that you had some reflection time before starting your day. That must have been awesome. Not the lack of sleep mind you but the serene solitude.

    ReplyDelete