Friday, June 3, 2011

FOUR

So I now have less than four weeks until I leave for India. It is coming up fast. Recent events in the middle east have not changed things as far as security goes. India is still a relatively stable country with a few unstable neighbors, but that does not change things for me.

I leave on Monday June 27th and will return on August 9th. My flight to India is booked, I have a new passport my visa is being processed and things are coming together. Did you catch that?? Yeah... VISA. I need a visa to get into the country of India. Not exactly sure why but apparently if I am going into the country, I have to have a good reason to go. So since I am not going for work, I do not need a work visa. I am not going as a student to be educated at one of their universities, so I don't get a student visa. The visa I need, the one that fits my itinerary in India, is a Tourist visa! So I have applied for a six month, tourist visa.

At this point in my trip planning most of the logistical stuff is taken care of. I have just a few loose ends to wrap up. Now I begin planning what to bring on my trip. If you have done international travel, I am open to suggestions on what to bring and what not to bring. I have traveled internationally, but not for this long so any tips you have would be great!!

1 comment:

  1. Peanut butter!!! I bring peanut butter on EVERY overseas trip I go on. Up to date on all vaccines? Got your malaria meds all set? Bug spray? other than that, I think you're good with the other obvious items...clothing, hat, good solid shoes, adapters for electronic devices, camera, etc., etc., etc., Have fun...India is AMAZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete