Thursday, June 23, 2011

ONE

So there is now less than one week left until I leave for India. The money has been raised. In fact in total you have helped me come up with more than I needed for the trip, so thank you so much for the love. I have gone out and purchased many of the little things I will need to get through my stay in Derhadun.

I have a gift for my host. Can you believe he asked if I could bring coffee... Starbucks or Dunk'n donuts coffee. Take a wild guess which one I got. He also want peanut butter, creamy peanut butter. Well, he is going to get Christmas in June when I arrive.

My flight will be interesting. I have a short flight from Boston to Newark on Monday afternoon, then my flight for Deli leave Newark at 8:30pm, Monday Evening and arrives in Deli at 8:15pm Tuesday evening. My flight is about fourteen and a half hours, but it will take about twenty four hours of time.

Big thanks to my home church Common Church in Boston for the generous gift to cap my fundraising efforts to get to Deli. You guys are great! I got a late start to the whole fund raising efforts but God has demonstrated his goodness toward a ragamuffin like me...

There have been times in my life where I was pretty sure that what I was doing was the right thing for me to do. There have been times when I did not know but I went ahead anyways and it turned out okay. There have been very few times where I was absolutely convinced from the very core of my soul that I was supposed to be doing what I was doing. Going to India is one of those core conviction times. It is only six weeks and a couple of days, and I may never go back, but I know at least for this time it is right.

I should also give a huge thanks to my wife Sara for her support too. If she was not okay with this I would likely have to change my degree program and do something else. Thanks for everything Sara. Keep and eye on Samuel for me, and try not to let him walk until I get back.

Just a Meandering Thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment